MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
The Eternal Hourglass - Erica Kirov Hmm, well I enjoyed it quite a bit. Realistic characters, though I wanted more on Isabella. Where are her parents? She needs more face time... The tigers were cool, but some of the magic, while fun, was underdeveloped and not explained in a very satisfactory manner. Also, what is Anastasia's position in the family? Is she a Magickeeper by blood or are they simply protecting her? And if they are merely protecting her, why does she seem like the matriarch? And how does she know so much about the family? About the prophecies? And if she is a Magickeeper, why have we not seen her perform any magic?

Damian still seems untrustworthy. Theo? Not sure. I like Irina and Boris. And of course I love Isabella and Sascha. I just want to get to know her better. Still trying to see where this is going. And what does the whole "prince" thing have to do with it all? And who is Nick's true father?

It reminded me, vaguely, of The Red Necklace at times. The magic, the destiny, an over-the-top villain.

Book two is due spring 2010. It is part of a planned trilogy, though the author has expressed an openness to further stories...