MissClark

William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Give Up the Ghost - Megan Crewe 3.5 Stars

I quite enjoyed this story, but it really felt like the beginning of a series, rather than a stand-alone novel. And as of right now, it is to stay all by its lonesome. I really hope that changes.

This is Megan Crewe's debut novel (2009 has just been chockful of amazing new authors/ authoresses) and she does an excellent job at making her characters immediately real - their reactions, concerns, and fears all seem authentic, if at times not fully revealed. My only problem was that the only characters that you got to fully know were Cass and Paige, to a certain extent, and even for them it felt as if you were just scratching the surface of who they were.

And apart from Cass being driven to step outside of her narrow path of existence to assist Tim and learning that she needs to live a more full life than she has been, I felt that there could have been a bit more. More about the ghosts and why she can see them, more about that aspect in general. Maybe why they (such as Paige, Norris, and Bitzy) stay. I was also expecting a bit more action. Still, it was a very good read and I eagerly look forward to more from Megan Crewe.