MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater I am honestly a bit unsure how I feel about this book. On the one hand, I enjoyed it well enough, especially the unique take on werewolves and the fact that Minnesota and even Duluth got to be the setting is always fun:) But for some reason I never connected to either of the main characters.

I had a very hard time entering Grace's mindset, and even though I imagine a lot of that distance and disconnectedness I was sensing was a result of her being bitten, it took me a while to surmise this and by then I was wondering why she was so singularly fixated on the wolves to the exclusion of all else. Also, the "love at first site"? It was not working for me. Sadly, most of the Sam - Grace interactions failed to convey a sense of affection. Attraction? More or less. But affection, not so much. I did like Rachel. And Isabel, a lot. I hope that they get more characterization in the sequels. And that Beck could be saved. Just how did Sam survive anyway?

I have the feeling that the angry villagers, sorry, inhabitants of Mercy Falls will still find out about their wolf pack and react in a most unfavorable manner...

So, while I was not wildly in love with this book, I will still be reading [b:Linger|6654313|Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)|Maggie Stiefvater|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51xqBfejWyL._SL75_.jpg|6848948] when it appears in order to see what happens to everyone. That said, even with so much left unknown, this ending works very nicely as a conclusion to their story.