MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Reflections on the Psalms - C.S. Lewis This book was one I read very slowly, initially as part of my Lenten reading and then well into the Easter season. Lewis never ceases to amaze me with his ability to so lucidly present a difficulty, many of which I have struggled with, and then go on to so superbly untangle it and as he comes to grasp it, so do I. Such an excellent book. Reading the Psalms, there have always been so many things I found impossible to understand and which often hindered my appreciation of these songs of praise, easily one of my favorite books of the Bible. And through a more solid historical and cultural understanding, so many of those issues fell away.

A few of my favorite chapters were The Cursings, Sweeter Than Honey, and Connivance. (pages 70-72)

For the Supernatural, entering a human soul, opens to it new possibilities both of good and evil. From that point the road branches: one way to sanctity, love, humility, the other to spiritual pride, self-righteousness, persecuting zeal. And no way back to the humdrum virtues of the unawakened soul. If the Divine call does not make us better, it will make us much worse. Of all bad men religious bad men are the worst.
~ from The Cursings