MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare After having read a slew of very disillusioned reviews, I found myself sluggishly picking up my copy and reading it. And ultimately it was not so very bad. Nor was it a complete carbon copy of her "Mortal Instruments" series, though the numerous similarities are there. Still, I found the characters distinct enough. But very lifeless. None of them struck an emotional chord, and even the few I sort of liked, such as Charlotte and Henry (both of whom I hope get a larger role later), did not make me care about them.

The plot was transparent, for me, so no surprises there. And a bit hackneyed at times. But these aspects have been pretty thoroughly hashed out, so I'll just say I found the level of writing to have improved ever so very slightly, I have no desire to see either Jem or Will end up with Tessa (who is such a weak character), I want to see Henry and Charlotte explored, esp. their marriage, I would like to see Lovelace grow as a character (I see some real potential there) and please, enough with Will and Jem's angst. Bah!

So, I don't recommend it as such, but it had some interesting stretches and I'll be glancing at book two, but it really needs to pick up in quality.