MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Dark Moon Defender - Sharon Shinn The instant that the guards came for Ellynor, I knew Rosurie had betrayed her. It was the obvious move for the fanatic.

Argh. Telling, not showing. "Senneth had changed him. Senneth who tried to save everybody, no matter how insignificant. Senneth who had no sense of priorities. She would jeopardize her mission for the king in order to keep some peasant girl from dying. Until Justin had seen Senneth fight for the nameless and the wretched, it had not occurred to him that anyone would choose to do so." In other volumes, Senneth is so obsessed with the stability of the country that she is willing to sacrifice anyone for it, including Amalie and Cammon in the next book.

P. 279 I liked when Senneth described why Justin would be attracted Ellynor.

I really liked the story this time around. Always slow for me, with way too much detail and every moment broken down, but this story felt essentially like the first story, but with time for the group to come together into a more cohesive unit.

"He's my brother. He takes me for granted. He teases me. He scolds me when he thinks I've done something stupid. But he would kill anyone who tried to hurt me - if I didn't kill that person first. I've never had a brother before, and sometimes I don't like it. But now I'm stuck with him and he's stuck with me,..... it means he's with me for the rest of my life."