MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Paranormalcy - Kiersten White Oh, I had meant to review this right after I read it, but that was Christmas time.....

It was lackluster. The characters were trying (well, Evie really) to be interesting and likable but came out bland and weak - sort of watery and insubstantial. And that was the biggest problem. It was cute - at times. It was a lot more readable and straight-up bearable than 80% of most YA paranormal books. But it was for me so forgettable. It did not make an impression or touch me at all. AND if a book is pure dead comic, I can forgive that (which of course makes it memorable in its own right.) Yet, was this witty? Not so much. Intriguing? Um, no. I saw where it was headed. At all times. Am I going to look for the sequels? Not at all.

Also, I had some issues with the villain and her lack of compelling villainy. And Evie's reaction to her and how little we get to know her. The fact that these paranormals were seriously pathetic to all be taken out by a very ineffective teen armed with a taser and no other serious defensive/offensive skills and then living lives under the thumb of the agency. No. No, no, no.