MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Practice Makes Perfect - Julie James Well, I am not a huge fan of romance novels when they are more or less strictly a romance. I prefer my romances liberally shot through with action, adventure, fantasy and/or intrigue. And this was a fairly straightforward romance. As such, it is light, fast-paced, with plenty of chemistry between the protagonists. Its legal scenes which provide most of the background and plot are very realistic.

But I wanted more from the story, especially more about the characters. I wondered about Payton's wealthy and estranged father - why bring him up only to ignore him? Several little bits like that niggled at me and ultimately the romance was not to my taste which is why it only garnered three stars.

However, compared to the previous novel by Julie James,[b:Just the Sexiest Man Alive|3863861|Just the Sexiest Man Alive|Julie James|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Kvwr3f1aL._SL75_.jpg|3909033], I thought this one much better. I liked the characters far better and was much more interested in their story.