MissClark

Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Between the Sea and Sky - Jaclyn Dolamore 2 - 2.5 stars

Mermaid book.

Well, this one was a bit of let-down for me after really having a delightful time reading Magic Under Glass, which is great. This one felt slow, the romance bothersome (and that is never how you want to feel about your two leads) and shallow. Overall, it failed to capture my interest; to make me interested in these characters and their lives and their interests and their happiness. The world-building was too slight for me to entirely enter this magical world of sirens and winged-people, all of which is common place knowledge. And I was so extraordinarily irked by Dosinia's total disregard for her family and their concern and worry for her. How could anyone ever be so thoughtless toward their family?! At least Esmerine had some redeeming qualities, even if I found her to be a bit of a limp noodle. And Alander? Alas, there have been fewer unattractive romantic leads in my literary encounters in recent months...

Overall, not recommended. Go read Dolamore's Magic Under Glass instead and then, if you liked that, the sequel, Magic Under Stone.