MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
The Assassin and the Princess - Sarah J. Maas Some really nice elements. Two more to go. There are some troubling sections, esp. the emphasis on the physical attraction between Dorian and Celaena. But overall, I like it. Like the world, esp. the history of it, what little we got. I am looking forward to the next one.

That final scene between Pennington and the king is incredibly ominous. What do they know? With whom are they in league? What are those rings made of? Where did they get them?

I assume that they will be bringing Kaltain back?

What does Elena want long-term?

I am quite glad that at least for this juncture (as I am not really holding out hope that it will last) that Celaena had the good sense not to pursue a relationship with Dorian given that she has no intention of staying in Adarlan as soon as she is free to go nor does she have any desire to deal with the entanglements that such a situation would incur. I am hating this love triangle so much! First off, I do not approve of love triangles on principle. Secondly, I think Chaol has more depth and is the better person, as well as better understanding Celaena as a person, her strengths and fears. I feel Dorian sees what he wants to see and what he wants from her, rather than seeing her as she is. He sees her for what she could be for him. Also, his is a very physical/lustful attraction and same for her right back. I don't see them being a good, long-term couple. And I do not currently see them loving one another.

I am worried that Celaena is going to vacillate back and forth between Chaol and Dorian. However, at this point, I do not feel as if either of them know her all that well. Certainly not enough to pursue a relationship with her.

I would like to know more about Chaol and Dorian's friendship. We are told of it, but I would like to see it more. To what ends would they go for one another? Chaol seems to care far more about Dorian than vice versa...

What is the wyrdmark on her forehead? Its symbolism?

Celaena is so very clearly the princess of Terrasen - her parents were murdered, she was taken in as a ward of the assassin king and trained. She also clearly has magic - fey ancestry. Is Elena an ancestor?

Please, please tell us more about Elena and Gavin! Nehemia and her family's association with wyrdmarks. When/Does Nehemia find out Celaena is a fellow royal/princess? I want to see them get to be all BAMF and awesome together!!!

Content: mentions of one-night stands, heavy kissing, etc. You have been forewarned.