MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Happily Ever After - Garth Nix, Michael Cadnum, Karen Joy Fowler, Paul Di Filippo, Gregory Maguire, Bill Willingham, Jane Yolen, Michelle Sagara West, Peter Straub, Charles de Lint, Susanna Clarke, Esther M. Friesner, Theodora Goss, K. Tempest Bradford, Leslie What, Alan Rodgers, Jim C. Hine As it is with so many anthologies, there is good, enjoyable, bad and those oh-so-special "Where is the bleach so I can get this story out of my mind?" stories. This was an "adult" fairytale anthology and it most certainly is not all about the HEA ending. Most of them are dark and depressing, with an unwelcome and heavy dose of sexually explicit content. Sexual sin and encounters were a staple of classic fairytales but they never felt the need to graphically detail those encounters. *shudders*

Truly, the more "adult" books I read, the less I respect them. They remind me of those awful fanfiction stories that are only about sex and nothing else. That is not STORY. It is not literature. And I don't want to read it.

That said, these few were readable:(if their novels are similar, I would not mind picking a few up)

OKAY
The Seven Stage a Comeback by Gregory Maguire
And in Their Glad Rags by Genevieve Valentine
The Emperor's New (And Improved) Clothes by Leslie What
Black Feather by K. Tempest Bradford

LIKED
Fifi's Tale by Alan Rodgers
The Faery Handbag by Kelly Link