MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Unspoken - Sarah Rees Brennan So, what is this book about? Well, Sarah says it best herself*:

Murder. Magic. Petty crime in the cause of great justice. Love, fear and live burial. Very embarrassing psychic links. Really suspicious architecture.

There you have it! Not only is this book funny and delightful, but it has the most lovely cover! The rest of the series had better match.

Sarah truly excels at characters and humor. Two things that are paramount to me in stories. But she also improves with each book/short story I read. Her characters are flawed, but so real. So incredibly human in their emotions and interactions. I enjoyed the witty, shining dialogue (which is just so much fun to read), the banter and quips. This book manages to set up the trilogy without making you want to scream at all the things that have been left out. No, Sarah has paced this impeccably. She has introduced us to the principal cast. Given everyone some motive, even if the entirety of it remains unknown. Brought everyone to a critical point and left them to stew while we await the second book. The ending was Painful. It was somewhat unexpected just how nasty is was. And that said, I cannot wait to see what she throws at us next!

*See Sarah's interview.