MissClark

William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake 3 - 3.5 stars

Excellent atmosphere - I got tense and jumpy at a few points. Could have wished for a bit more groundwork for the Obeahman and Cas's connection to the knife. And I would have liked more time spent with Anna and Cas as their relationship seems rushed. Still, it was a very interesting debut and I am looking forward to more from [a:Kendare Blake|4086715|Kendare Blake|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1276645449p2/4086715.jpg].

I was relieved to find out their is a sequel coming out: [b:Girl of Nightmares|12507214|Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2)|Kendare Blake|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344463840s/12507214.jpg|17492836]. I wanted to hear more about Cas, Anna, Thomas and the whole cast.

I liked Thomas a lot and appreciated how Carmel's character was handled.

Quote: But everything I want to talk about I can't say to them. It feels so separate, like I've touched something that's taken the color out of me. Or maybe I'm in color now and they're black and white. We're in on the secret, aren't we, Cas? And it is taking us out of the world?"

"That is usually the way it works," I say softly.

Warning: underage drinking, graphic violence, disturbing images.

Edit September 2012: Um, after starting Girl of Nightmares and it is just getting a little too creepy and ultimately unhappy/without any higher meaning. So, I will have to pass. Now, if Anna Dressed in Blood was too low on the horror/creep factor, then Nightmares will probably be right up your alley, but for me, not at all.