MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
Etiquette & Espionage - Gail Carriger 3 - 3.5 stars (I rounded up this time)

"Would it be terribly forward of me to ask quite a direct question?"

"Well, it would certainly be against your training thus far. We haven't yet covered the manipulation of conversation by applying provocateur diplomacy. However, I suppose I might excuse an uncontrolled query this once."

Sophronia took a deep breath. "What, precisely, will I be expected to learn here?"

Lady Linette twirled one curl of blonde hair around the tip of one finger. "Information gathering and object retrieval, of course. But mostly, you should learn how to finish."

"Finish what, exactly?"

"Why, anything or anyone who needs finishing, my dear."

Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for from this series! The style and fun of the world Carriger created in The Parasol Protectorate, but without the sexuality of that series.

I would have welcomed a bit more humor and definitely looking forward to seeing just a bit more development of the cast. While enjoyable, I did not connect with any of the characters here. It is light-hearted and blissfully uncomplicated (in the best sense) as well, making it a perfect summer read. For anyone who enjoys steampunk, this is delightful.