MissClark

The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie
William Joyce
Perfect Scoundrels
Ally Carter
The Far West (Frontier Magic, #3) - Patricia C. Wrede Conclusion to Wrede's Frontier Magic series.

Not as exciting personally for Eff as I had anticipated. Nor as spectacular a climax overall, though the realization that Eff comes to about magic was monumental and the fact that she alone looks at it in that way.

She and William (whom I always thought would end up together) were a quiet, lovely pairing.

I had very much hoped to see more interaction between Lan and Eff, but alas.

I liked how much Wrede acknowledges the pull of family, the ties that binds us to them, the affection (even when rancour and disagreements abound), how they influence us and have a sway upon Eff's decisions, but yet ultimately while they influence her, all her choices are her own and her parents make it clear to her that they will abide by her choices and they support her. So very refreshing to see a good, solid family. Ideal? No, but realistic.

Also, I liked how Eff told off her two older sisters when they tried to shove an anti-pregnancy charm on her she leaves for the trip. Aghast and disappointed by their low opinion of her choices and will-power, she tells them to shove off. Brava!

Wrede ties up the issue with the magical creatures on the rise, but does leave the story open to further exploration and adventure for all.